Monday 30 March 2020

News from Liz

Hi Karina,
I’ve been meaning to get touch to say hi, and to let you know that upon my return to Oz last year I set about making a veggie garden, having been inspired by you and your allotment!  I thought that now might be the right time for a “good news” story, so feel free to share this with your group of keen producers and gardeners.

My veggie boxes have largely been a great success, as well as much fun and very satisfying. We’ve harvested courgettes, aubergines, silver beet, spring onions, leeks, cucumbers, basil, snow peas and loads of tomatoes.  The only poor crop has been capsicum, with two tiny specimens so far - so that’s my challenge next summer!
As these crops come to an end I will start to put in some more leafy greens, garlic and sugar peas, and perhaps some broccoli too.

Thank you for all your encouragement and enthusiasm, and for your regular tasty recipes through the Cambridge in Abundance emails.  I always enjoy receiving them and seeing the photos.  It takes me back to many happy times around your kitchen table and in your garden.

 Let us hope we all manage to ride out this storm, and can come together again in person one day.

Much love, 
Liz 





No comments:

Post a Comment