Red Lentils and courgette soup.
2 cups of red lentils
1 medium onion
1 tsp of sunflower oil
2 medium sized courgettes diced
3 ½ cups of vegetable stock
½ tsp of ground turmeric
salt and pepper
Crusty bread to serve
1. rinse and drain the lentils
2. Cook the onions in the oil until soft
3. Add the courgettes and cook for 2-3 minutes
4. Add the stock, turmeric and bring to boil . Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
5. When the soup is almost ready bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add a hand full of diced zucchini and cooke for 1 minute. Drain and add to the soup. Serve hot with warm crusty bread
We picked the last tomatoes and turn them into mini kebabs and noticed that the Indian Corn looked ready. So picked some of these too as decoration.
|Melendra, Angeles, Alegria and Alicia showing off their Corn and tomatoes|
|Alegria and auntie Angeles picking basil for the kebabs|
We finished off with some delicious waffles with topping like Dandelion Jelly and elderberry jam.
|Jacky making our waffles|