We made this Butternut squash, sage and 'honey' (dandelion jelly we made earlier in the season)
We will also make Waffles,
Next time when we make sourdough bread we will try these Sour dough waffles as they were lovely as a savoury dish with grated cheese.
241 gr plain flour
28 gr sugar
454g buttermilk (milk with a little lemon)
241 sourdough starter.
all of the overnight sponge
2 large eggs
50 gr veg oil
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1. To make the overnight sponge, stir down the fridge started and remove 1 cup.
Note: this is a good opportunity to feed the remainder if necessary
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the 1 cup unfed started, flour, sugar and buttermilk
3. Cover and let rest at cool room temperature overnight
4. In a small bowl or mixing cup beat together eggs and oil. Add to the overnight sponge
5. Add the salt and baking soda, stirring to combine. The batter will bubble
6. Pour batter onto a pre heated greased waffle iron
7. Serve waffle immediately to ensure crispness. Or hold in a warm oven till ready to serve
8. Yield 1 dozen waffles.