Monday 7 August 2017

From Spade to Plate: Spinach , new potato curry with garlic flat bread

As the summer has been so good to us, the vegetables in the allotment are in abundance

The interest in our group has grown too, 12 people wanted to join this Monday but as my kitchen is not big enough have decided to have two groups this week.  6 guests and me, would work well (me thinks!)


Maria, Servane, June, Akiko, Ryoko and Miyoko

What a surprise, reunited again!
The first meal we made was a Spinach, new potato curry with coconut, serviced with rice and flat bread




Ryoko picked the tomatoes and basil for a  simple tomato salad
This is how you use the picking stick, years of experience, showing the next generation
Noticed that the apples are ripening too, will pick some with the group to give them a taste of what is to come. Those apples that were slightly blemished, we turned into apple stew, topped by a few juicy black berries






Maria showing her picking technique
apple stew with cinnamon and black berries

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for such a lovely time and experiences! I am really enjoyed to talk them ,too.And I am so happy to see you again!

    It was the first time to pick apples with using that tool.You give me many “the first”things! And beautiful ! your garden,kitchen,and field.It was iteresting to harvest them and cook them within freash! So nice smell and taste.

    I could stay just short time.But you made my staying in Cambridge Wonderful more than how much time I can spend.Thank you so much once again!

    I am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow,too.

    Ryoko

    ReplyDelete