It is simple and very tasty.
|The end result: a delicious coriander cheese pie|
|A happy crew, thank you Yumi for taking the picture|
|Liz picking the lettuce leaves for the salad|
|Coriander cheese pie, with Chilli Jam and salad|
|Yumi using grandma's cheese grater!|
|Simone grinding the fresh coriander seeds|
|Peppers, garlic, chillies and tomatoes bubbling away|
|A sweet chilli jam, lovely with spring rolls, quiches and cheeses|
If you would like to try your own version, here is the recipe we used.
Ingredients 4 persons
125g dry breadcrumbs
50g ground almonds
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 teaspoon ground coriander
50g melted butter
300g cottage cheese
2 tablespoons of single cream
50g grated Cheddar cheese
25g grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- Mix all the ingredients for the flan base together with the melted butter and press into a well greased 25cm flan tin.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Purée the cottage cheese with the cream in a blender.
- Stir in the cheeses and the fresh coriander.
- Beat the eggs through the mixture and pile on top of the breadcrumb base. Bake for 15-30 minutes or until firm and golden.
Post a Comment