Wednesday 7 November 2018

Testing recipes for the up and coming cookery book

After a bit of pressure I had decided to make a compilation of our favourite recipes this year. As some of the recipes I had not done for a while, we tried them out again and they were STILL lovely.

So today we made the Easy Peasy soup, made some short crust pastry for our apple turnovers. Some elderberry icecream and as a main course the Leek, Walnut and Gorgonzola risotto.
Last Monday's orzotto was so lovely and when Lu asked if it could be made gluten free, I thought I'd try it out.

To be honest, I did not like the texture as much as the Orzotto, it was rather stogey, so with what was left I made some rice balls with a cube of cheese inside of it. I fried it up later (pressing it down into a burger shape) and they turned out quite nice. At least we did not waste all the lovely ingredients.

Thumbs up for Easy Peasy soup, the short crust pastry and the ice cream. Note to self. must do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment