So off to the allotment we went to harvest the potatoes, lettuces and the strawberries. Look was an amazing haul!
500 gr potatoes
500 gr spinach
2 tbsp oil
1 sliced onion
4 crushed garlic
2 tsp ground tumeric
a pinch of chilli
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground pepper
1 can of coconut milk
juice of 1/2 lemon
Parboil potatoes in skins for 8-10 mins
Drain and cut in half
Cook spinach and chop roughly
Heat oil in frying pan fry onions with garlic, chilli, coriander and pepper
Back in the kitchen and it was time to process it all and turn it into a lovely lunch.
|June and Bela prepared the strawberries for jam.|
Season and add lemon juice to taste.
For some Naan bread we doubled the recipe and used the poppy seeds from last year's poppies
|Jasmin showed us how her mother taught her to make flat bread.|
As a side dish we made a green salad, strawberries, Kale, lettuce
- 3 cups torn lettuces
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pureed strawberries
- Sliced fresh strawberries
As a treat we made some strawberry jam for us all to take home.
- Combine kale and romaine; sprinkle with feta cheese and sesame seeds. Toss to combine.
- Stir together olive oil and sesame oil. Whisk in honey, vinegar and lemon juice. Add pureed strawberries. Whisk until combined. Dress salad just before serving; top with sliced strawberries.
Post a Comment