Friday 27 March 2020

Three bean curry with flatbread rice and a fennel salad

Today I was given a fennel bulb by Julie in the allotment. I made some Fennel Cordial with it as well as turning it into my mum's favourate salad. Fennel and egg salad. Just as normal a mustard vinegrette and added the sliced fennel and a couple of hard boiled eggs.

For my main meal I used the red kidney beans I soaked and cooked a few days ago, chickpeas and baked beans in tomato sauce, and the preserved tomatoes I made in oil in a  Kilner Jar in September last year.  A chopped onion, a garlic clove, 1 table spoon of ground coriander, 1 tea spoon each of garam masala and mild chilli powder, I added a chopped carrot (as I still had one in the bottom of the fridge)  Add it all together cover with stock and boil until all nicely hot and cooked.

Lovely on a bed of rice, and a Crazy dough flat bread.

Thank you garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment