Filo pastry “baskets” with mushroom and rocket
Prep 1hour | 8 servings | VG/VE
· 12 sheets of filo pastry (6+6)
· 500 gr chestnut mushrooms
· 50 gr rocket
· 2 sticks of celery
· 150 gr rice/soy single cream (or regular single cream)
· 1 tbs chopped parsley
· 1 tbs chopped walnuts
· 1 tbs nutritional yeast
· 1 clove garlic
1. Clean well and cut the mushrooms, mince the celery.
2. In a frying pan, fry gently the garlic in olive oil until golden, then add celery and a pinch of salt and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook at medium heat until their natural water dries up and the mushrooms look golden
4. Add the cream, parsley and nutritional yeast and cook again for one minute
5. Turn off the hob and add the rocket as last ingredient
6. Lay a sheet of filo pastry at a time, brushing each with some water and/or olive oil, then cover with the next until 6 are piled. Repeat for the other 6 sheets.
7. Cut with a knife 4 squares of about 12cmx12cm from each layered sheet, for a total of 8 squares.
8. Place each square in one muffin mould, previously brushed with oil.
9. Fill each basket with the mushroom filling, sprinkle on top the dust of walnuts.
10. Cook in static oven at 180ºC for 25 minutes, until the pastry will look golden and crispy. Serve warm.