I will try and walk to the allotment to show you all what is currently in the garden. It has been a very difficult month. No rain and a severe night frost every night going into May.
For lunch we will have broccoli and coconut soup with vegetable wraps: for the wraps ( recipe in book 4)
200g self-raising flour
50g boiling water
- Mix dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add boiling water and mix with a knife until it cools enough to knead by hand. Continue to knead for 1 minute or until dough is smooth.
- Divide into 8 equal portions (approximately 70g) and turn into balls. Cover each piece with flour. Flatten the balls and cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Roll each dough piece into a wafer-thin sheet. Use a 30cm pan lid, to press out a circle.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. When the pan is very hot, place one dough circle into the pan and allow to cook until the bottom surface has a few pale brown spots and the uncooked surface is bubbly. Flip to the other side and cook for 15-20 seconds. The tortillas should be nice and soft with a few small brown spots on the surface.
- Remove from pan and stack in a covered container to keep the wraps soft. Serve warm.
For the filling, I tend to have soft cheese, some grate cheese, lettuce, carrot, peppers, sweet chilli jam. But it is up to you.
Post a Comment