Sunday 23 November 2014

Teresa has a point!

Teresa, a friend from Transition Cambridge made a good point in the last Food Group meeting I attended. " it is all well and good to reap the fruits of the trees that are now nearly 100 years old, we need to plant some new ones, for the next generation".  Good point well made.

It would be great if we could find larger areas in Cambridge for the public to enjoy the fruit but for now, I  have decided to start in our own back yard.

Autumn is now well and truly on the way and it is time to put my little garden to bed for winter.
Compost bin full and space created, I have planted a mini apple, pear and espalier cherry tree from
 J Parkers

I hope that if I won't be able to enjoy the fruit, others will be able to do so in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment