Saturday 9 August 2014

Letter to the neighbours






Dear Neighbour,

Recently I have noticed we have an abundance of ripening fruit and nuts in our area going to waste.
At this time of year, it is hard for owners of these trees to harvest and process all the produce whereas others without trees might love the taste of Garden Walk.

So I have set up a little table today in front of our home, 4 Garden Walk, which, depending on the produce and weather, I will fill up daily for people to help themselves.

If you would like others to enjoy your tree’s abundance of fruit or vegetables, (figs, grapes, apples, pears, plums, damsons, walnuts, hazel nuts, courgettes, herbs, etc.) feel free to leave some here.*

If you want some help picking your fruit, just leave your details in my letter box and I will organise a picking crew. Anyone interested in picking, again leave your details and I will contact you.

Thank you.

*PS. Don’t leave too large a quantity, better little and often so that it is fresh every day. Otherwise I will have to find a way to dispose of the excess.




















No comments:

Post a Comment